The focus of the VAGTC includes:
Providing professional activities to schools and educators to identify, support and educate gifted and talented children.
- Showcasing childrens’ achievements in publications, at conferences and workshops, and in the wider community.
- Hosting competitions to provide gifted and talented children a space to exhibit their particular strengths.
- Developing community awareness of the educational, social and emotional needs of gifted and talented children.
- Linking agencies and families to facilitate appropriate support and provisions for gifted and talented children
- Promoting activities that engage gifted children, and facilitate their meeting of like-minded friends.
- Providing resources for members to learn about the nature of giftedness.